JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Senior Accountant
MSMGF is looking for a well qualified Senior Accountant to join our dynamic team. Please share this opportunity with your friends and colleagues.
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Operations the Sr. Accountant will have an active role in the monthly close and account analyses.
What You’ll Do
- Reconcile and analyze accounts including receivables, prepaid expenses, deposits, inventory, accrued expenses, leases, and inter-company balances;
- Make journal entries including revenue, and oversight of cost allocations in accordance with grant requirements;
- Review of monthly cost reimbursement invoices and oversight of cost allocations in accordance with OMB Super Circular requirements;
- Coordinate the monthly book close;
- Prepare, review, and distribute monthly/ financial reports/financial statements for staff and management and the Board;
- Participate in annual agency budgeting process;
- Review budget and budget modification timelines of Contracts & Grants Managers
- Review financial grant reports and proposal budgets;
- Develop and revise cost allocation plans to optimize grant spending;
- Prepare workpapers for annual and program audits and respond to auditor inquiries;
- Conduct monthly allocation entries;
- Conduct accounts payable entries;
- Initiate wire transfers;
- Special projects may be assigned as needed;
- Serve as backup for other positions in the department as needed.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.
What You’ll Need (Requirements)
Training and Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Business Administration; five to ten years related experience in non-profit and/or corporate management.
Non-profit accounting practices and procedures; automated accounting packages – Abila MIP Fund accounting experience preferred; general ledger maintenance; revenue recognition; payroll practices and procedures; fixed asset accounting; grant accounting and reporting; and OMB Circular A-133 audit experience.
Organize, prioritize and maintain multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, demanding environment; Communicate effectively, persuasively and professionally with multiple and diverse constituencies; Initiate and complete projects with minimal supervision; Work well independently and as part of a team; Tech savvy and learn software quickly.
Must already have the necessary documentation to legally work in the United states.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should prepare:
- A cover letter;
- CV; and
- Contact information for three recent references.
Application materials should be emailed to the MSMGF Interim Director of Finance and Operations, Lily May Catanes – email@example.com. All inquiries should be directed to Lily May Catanes by email.
Position applications will be evaluated against the eligibility and qualification requirements listed above. Successful applicants will be invited to a series of individual and group interviews involving the Interim Director of Finance and Operations and staff.
MSMGF and Our Values
The Global Forum on MSM & HIV (MSMGF) has worked since its founding in 2006 to encourage targeted, tailored, better-resourced, and rights-based sexual health services for gay men and other men who have sex with men (MSM) worldwide, through its advocacy and technical support work. As a global network, MSMGF has successfully influenced HIV responses at the local level through shifts in global-level policies and has effectively utilized public health as an entry point for advancing the human rights of LGBT people. MSMGF currently supports programs in 15 countries.
The MSMGF remains the only global HIV advocacy network specifically devoted to the health and rights of gay men/MSM. Its network includes thousands of advocates and service providers representing over 1,500 organizations in more than 150 countries.
For more details, see the MSMGF Annual Reports on the MSMGF’s About US webpage).