I am pleased to share with you the Consensus Statement from the International Advisory Group (IAG) on Universal Access to HIV Prevention, Treatment, Care and Support – Solidarity for Universal Access.
The IAG is a diverse and independent stakeholder group established earlier this year following the December 2010 PCB meeting. It is co-chaired by Mrs Bathabile Dlamini, Minister of Social Development of South Africa, and Dr Paul De Lay, UNAIDS Deputy Executive Director, Programme.
For your information and awareness:
– The IAG Co-chairs wrote directly to the HLM Co-facilitators urging them “to consider the recommendations”.
– The IAG Co-chairs also wrote to all Missions to the UN in New York.
– UNAIDS has sent the statement to all UN Missions in Geneva.
– UNAIDS has sent the statement to all PCB members.
– IAG members are aggressively using this statement with their governments and missions. A group of African CSOs is planning to meet with UN Missions in NY later in May and has referenced the statement as a component of their advocacy.
– UNAIDS has distributed it at the World Health Assembly taking place this week in Geneva.
Please feel free to share the statement with your networks – and use it directly with your national delegations.